Business Accounting Services – Buck Hollister
Business Accounting Services
Mr. Hollister has a broad spectrum of domestic business accounting services experience to draw upon when advising clients in the tax, corporate and transactional practice areas offered by Hollister CPA Services, LLC. Mr. Hollister’s extensive business accounting services skill set enables him to quickly understand the client’s business issues and challenges and find cost effective solutions. This ability enables Mr. Hollister to approach each client’s issues and challenges from business accounting services standpoint. This business accounting services perspective saves clients time in that clients do not need to take additional time to explain basic business concepts and terminology. Mr. Hollister’s business accounting services experience enables him to better execute on client transactional matters more efficiently and effectively.
- Set up legal structure, prepared private placement memorandum and related offering documents, and helped successfully launch revenue based financing venture fund with a U.S. $ 10M initial fund commitment.
- Represented several start up and emerging tech companies on various multi-million dollar private placement transactions, including a $2M Series A Convertible Preferred Stock Reg. D private placement deal. Sample transaction enabled client to obtain funding to launch operations and later enter into a distribution agreement with Best Buy, Inc. for the sale of its products.
- Obtained U.S. $364K judgment for client in litigation matter involving the valuation of client’s 50% ownership interest in an e-learning Internet company.
- Represented client in a U.S. Small Business Administration (“SBA”) loan guarantee restructuring matter enabling client to be relieved from being liable to the SBA for U.S. $421K.
- Played instrumental role in helping creditor obtain a 100% recovery on a U.S. $50M bankruptcy claim involving the Spansion, Inc. chapter 11 bankruptcy matter.
- Played instrumental role designing client’s venture capital structure and successful launch of operations. Client to date made several strategic investments and formed critical commercial relationships conducive to its parent company’s next generation technology needs.
- Educated foreign client’s executive management on the financial and legal steps to successfully execute merger and acquisition (“M&A”) transactions. Efforts overcame foreign client’s reluctance to execute M&A transactions and the foreign client now actively seeks M&A targets.
- Team leader in structuring a software company’s software licensing business model. Efforts enabled the software company to license its software portfolio and achieve positive operating margins.
- Educated foreign client’s managers on patent assignments, royalty payment issues and licensing IP rights. Initiative enabled the foreign client to commence generating license and royalty revenues.
- Re-engineered a client’s immigration process basing the processing format on a peer-to-peer hosted IT platform. Efforts reduced the client’s annual direct and indirect costs nearly 60%.
- Work experience at both spectrums of company life cycle and with diverse international cultures (startup vs. mature and established global corporate environments). Experience enables better project results and knowledge of how to create a closely knit team work environment.
- Gained invaluable insights as a plaintiff’s attorney on how to structure M&A transactions and corporate governance techniques to use for minimizing shareholder class-action litigation.
- Assumed critical role on investment team acquiring company’s assets from chapter 11 bankruptcy estate and successful relaunch of the client’s commercial operations.
- Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
Juris Doctor/Master in Business Administration – Finance (May, 1998)
Recipient of Dean’s Certificate of Excellence in the MBA Program.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI.
Bachelor of Business Administration (December 1994)
Majors: Accounting; Finance; Risk Manage.; Marketing; Specialization – International Business
Achieved Dean’s List status
- Bar certified in Texas, New York, California, New Jersey, and the District of Columbia.
- Texas CPA.